Data Glove Ultra
Designed to satisfy the stringent requirements of modern motion capture and animation professionals. It offers comfort, ease of use, a small form factor, and multiple application drivers.
The system interfaces with the computer via a USB cable. A Serial Port (RS 232 – platform-independent) option is available through the 5DT Data Glove Ultra Serial Interface Kit. It features a 10-bit flexure resolution, extreme comfort, low drift, and open architecture. The 5DT Data Glove Ultra Wireless Kit interfaces with the computer via Bluetooth technology (up to 20m distance) for high-speed connectivity for up to 8 hours on a single battery. Right- and left-handed models are available. One size fits many (stretch lycra).
Basic and enhanced versions
The 5DT Data Glove Ultra is available in 2 variants, with 5 or 14 sensors per glove. The 5DT Data Glove 5 Ultra measures finger flexure (1 sensor per finger) of the user’s hand. The 5DT Data Glove 14 Ultra measures finger flexure (2 sensors per finger) including the abduction between fingers.
- Sensor sample rate: 75Hz
- Battery duration: up to 8 hours (swappable)
- Weight: 300g (incl. battery pack)
- Wired communication: USB 1.1, RS232 (via optional serial interface kit)
- Wireless communication: 2.4GHz Bluetooth spread-spectrum technology
- Finger sensor type 5 Ultra: 5 sensors, 1 sensor per finger, measures the average of knuckle and first joint
- Finger sensor type 14 Ultra: 14 sensors, 2 sensors per finger, one sensor for knuckle, and one for the first joint. Abduction sensors between fingers.