The Motion Monitor
- turn-key 3D motion capture system
The MotionMonitor is a turn-key 3-D motion capture system designed to synchronously collect data from kinematic trackers, EMG, force plates, hand transducers, EEG, digital video, event markers and other analog devices, virtual reality, and haptic devices. Data generated from a rich collection of analytical tools are immediately available for playback with graphical displays of all data outputs. Stunning 3-D computer-rendered animations of the subject can be viewed as a skeleton, stick figure, or humanoid. Real-time measurement of the human body’s movement, brain activity, eye movement, muscle recruitment, and external forces acting on the body is achieved using the broadest range of hardware available in the market.
Why choose The MotionMonitor?
- Speeds system setup and shortens learning curves with the application of a complete turn-key system.
- Supports real-time collection from the broadest range of hardware.
- Simplifies acquisition and analysis with the synchronous data collection of kinematic data with force plates, hand transducers, EMG, eye tracking, video, EEG, virtual reality, haptics and analog data.
- Provides an immediate playback with graphical displays of raw or processed data.
- Eliminates the need for programming efforts- from setup to data collection to analysis, operations can be completed with radio buttons and dropdown menus.
- Provides a common software platform across various hardware systems.
- Supports a diverse range of applications because of the variety of functionality and capabilities.
- Utilizes the input and thinking of many researchers to design a system which accomplishes research requirements.
The MotionMonitor is a totally integrated real-time data collection, analysis and 3D visualization system that will enhance your experience with Polhemus trackers:
- Utilize The MotionMonitor to build a biomechanical model in real-time by using a stylus to define joint centers and local coordinate systems.
- Quality check sensor tracking and model definitions in real-time using a live skeletal animation. The skeletal animation and graphical data can be viewed synchronously immediately after data collection.
- Employ recommended protocols for subject setup, including the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB) or other user-defined protocols for biomechanical setup and data analysis.
- Track and animate individual bones of the hand, foot or spine with Polhemus micro sensors and The MotionMonitor Detail Modules.
- Synchronously collect the sensor or tracker data along with any of The MotionMonitor supported hardware systems, including A/D data, force plate, EMG, eye-tracking, digital video and more.
- Display raw or processed kinematic and kinetic data selected from intuitive drop-down menus or defined by the user with standard math notation within The MotionMonitor. Export all raw or processed data for further processing.
- Conduct motor-control and stimulus response studies with audio and visual cues using either a 2-D display or 3-D Virtual Reality display with The MotionMonitor Biofeedback Module.